My drive home from picking up Lins at school was as entertaining as ever. Lins started the conversation by stating that she was glad that it was St. Patty's Day as they had a big party and that she had eaten green apples, green cookies and drank green punch. She then asked when was the next colored holiday? I didn't bust out into laughter as I often do from her comments but did explain to her that on St. Patty's Day you are supposed to wear green (and that is why I dressed her all up in green) and if you don't that you will be pinched. Lins quickly explained to me that I was incorrect because if she were to pinch anyone at her school that Ms. Auli (her teacher) would send her directly to the office. Wow, Lins confirmed that life is nothing but double standards. I wonder what our conversations will be about tomorrow?
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Out of The Mouth of Lins
My drive home from picking up Lins at school was as entertaining as ever. Lins started the conversation by stating that she was glad that it was St. Patty's Day as they had a big party and that she had eaten green apples, green cookies and drank green punch. She then asked when was the next colored holiday? I didn't bust out into laughter as I often do from her comments but did explain to her that on St. Patty's Day you are supposed to wear green (and that is why I dressed her all up in green) and if you don't that you will be pinched. Lins quickly explained to me that I was incorrect because if she were to pinch anyone at her school that Ms. Auli (her teacher) would send her directly to the office. Wow, Lins confirmed that life is nothing but double standards. I wonder what our conversations will be about tomorrow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way too funny! You know, she is absolutely right. There are no exceptions to the rule anymore! What is this world coming to? Lins - how about we create a day each month where we all wear the same color?
Post a Comment