Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Dear Sammie Boy


Today we lost our Sammie Boy. My dear friend and neighbor Rosie called at 8:05AM to inform me that our Sammie Boy had passed away at 7:57AM. I was on my way out the door but I was able to drop in and give Sammie two kisses and get a little bit of petting in before I had to get the kids to school. I am so grateful to Sammie that he passed at a time that enabled me to have a final goodbye with him. Sammie looked peaceful which made me happy despite my tears.

One thing is for sure, Wicket is so happy that his buddy is now with him. I know they are both watching out for me, Rosie, Steve, Ryan and Lindsay from above.

Sammie, you will be missed tremendously but will never, ever be forgotten. Please enjoy your time with Wicket.

2 comments:

Pam Riggio said...

So sorry to hear about Sammie. Hopefully he looks my grandpaents up; they are good people that love animals. They would surely take care of him! Know that you and Rosie are in my thoughts and that Sammie is in a much better place now.

Mikel Salsgiver said...

We lost Shep last month, so we know how you feel.