Friday, July 31, 2009

Good Times





Last week was fun times for me! Tops on the list was a much needed week off from work. Ryan was off to Lost Valley for Scout Camp (where he earned five badges by the way - way to go Ry) and Poppa and Grandma so graciously offered to watch Lindsay for a few days so Steve and I took advantage and traveled to Vegas. Getting away together was so refreshing and seeing the Lion King on stage and Donnie and Marie Osmond were real treats. We stayed at the Mirage, where we had never stayed at before, and it was real nice. Our room included four visits to the Sigfried and Roy animal preserve on site so we went both days we were there. On our second visit we saw an 8 month old male leopard and a six month old dolphin. My highlight from the trip was the Donnie and Marie concert and I am guessing that visiting with the big cats was Steve's highlight as it was hard for me to pull him from the preserve. My only way to lure him from the preserve was buying him a new big cat t-shirt from the gift shop. I have to admit (only I will never tell Steve) that I enjoyed the preserve as well and was in awe of the beautiful tigers that I sat watching for over 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Mikel Salsgiver said...

So I guess Pam is a little bit country and Steve is a little bit rock-n-roll?

Pam Riggio said...

I would tend to agree with Mikel. Glad you both enjoyed yourselves. Maybe you can pack the Riggio's with you next time around