
I am so pleased to say that my Muffy turned 16 years young today! She truly is an amazing gal. If you had asked me if she would make it to her 16th birthday last year, I sadly would have said no.
This year has been a tough one for Muffers but she truly has taken on all of her challenges. Almost overnight a growth appeared on her ear that had to be removed. The surgeon advised me that there was a great chance that she would not make it through the surgery but strong-willed Muffy handled it with ease and amazed the surgeon. Friends and neighbors laughed at me for the $1900 expense to have the growth removed and most stated that I should just put her down but that was never an option to me. Muffers is our longest living animal and I would do anything for her.
In February, Muffers decided to go on an adventure by herself which had her MIA for 72 hours. I truly thought that she had left to find her own resting spot. Boy was I wrong when my neighbor heard a yelp from his neighbor's yard which turned out to be Muffy. She had trapped herself in a corner behind a bunch of pots and couldn't get out. That reunion was an awesome one for me!
In May, Muffy's vision was completely lost. So, she is now blind and deaf and has acquired the new nickname "Helen", short for Helen Keller.
I truly thank Muffy for her unconditional love and am amazed by her.
Happy Birthday Muffy!

No comments:
Post a Comment