

I am amazed as I think back to 5 years ago today at 12:10pm when my precious Lindsay at 8 lbs, 4 oz was born. It was the first day of the Summer Olympics and she cartwheeled out like a gymnast on 3 pushes. My fear of a lengthy and tough labor like I experienced with Ry did not come to fruition.
I remember the day like it was yesterday. I woke up in pain and knew it must be the day (even though I was dreading the delivery part). I took a shower (not sure why - not like I was going to a beauty pageant or anything) and called my doctor to inform him that I was in labor. All the while, Steve and Ry were sleeping away. I calmly woke up Steve and asked him to take a shower, not informing him that right after we would be off to the hospital. As he got to the washing his hair part, I remember the contractions getting so strong that I told him he better hurry up as I was in labor. From that point it was the quickest shower I have ever seen him take. I remember the drive to the hospital with Ryan all smiles as he kept saying "I am going to have my sister today". Two hours later, Lindsay Niccole Bridges made her grand entrance.
I can't properly put into words the love I have for Lindsay. I am so thankful that I have been given both a wonderful son and daughter to love and cherish.
Happy 5th Birthday Lindsay!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment