Friday, September 4, 2009

Kindergarten & Middle School.......Here We Come!!!




Thursday, September 3rd was quite the day for me. As if it wasn't enough sending Ryan off to Middle School, I had to let go of Lindsay's wings as it was time for her to attend Kindergarten.

I was so proud of Ryan as he was up, showered, ate and got ready for the bus completely on his own. Lindsay and I dropped him off at the bus stop with a big wave. He made it clear that a kiss would not be acceptable as other students were around.

As I drove Lindsay to her first day, memories came back to me of driving Ryan to his first day of kindergarten. It seems like just yesterday! As Lindsay played on the playground, I reflected on milestones in her life and happy times she has brought to our family.

When it was time for all parents to leave, I gave Lins a big kiss and hug and let her know that I was so proud of her. Off she went into her classroom line, smiling away and blowing me a kiss. That kiss kept me going the whole day - thanks Lins! Truly a memory I will never forget!

No comments: