Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One Word

Accomplish

accomplish [əˈkɒmplɪʃ əˈkʌm-]
vb (tr)
1. to manage to do; achieve
2. to conclude successfully; complete
[from Old French acomplir to complete, ultimately from Latin complēre to fill up. See complete]
accomplishable adj
accomplisher n

I have been thinking over the last couple of weeks what I would make my one word for the year. This word pretty much sums up all the things that I want to do. I am not just going to do things I am going to accomplish them meaning achieve, conquer, succeed, finish, to carry out and to follow through. I love that it is a verb meaning action. I have a desire to take action this year. Here are some of the things that I want to "ACCOMPLISH" this fine year of 2010 in no particular order.

More reading
Exercise, exercise, exercise
Continue blogging
Plant four rose bushes (1 for each of the family)
A family vacation
Connect with old and new friends
Have special alone time with Ryan each month
Horseback riding at least once
Smile more
Some sort of girls trip
A get away with the love of my life
Paint interior and exterior of house
Attend a concert
Being the best me
Do one nice thing for someone every day
Read with Lindsay regularly

No comments: