In two days (very uncharacteristic of me) I read an awesome book by James Patterson called "Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas". Wanted to share the following from the book which I have found to be an echoing theme of mine this whole year:
Life is a game in which you juggle five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity. You keep all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls - family, health, friends, integrity - are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. Once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life.
2009 has truly been a year for which I have become even more appreciative of my family, friends, health, and integrity. Each year brings so much learning for me and I am appreciative of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment