

Ever have one of those days that turns out completely not how you had it planned it to out to be? Wednesday, September 16th turned out that way for me.
I purposely finished my work up early so that I could pick up Lindsay from Kid Connection and have some extra time with her. As we walked in the door at home, Steve called for me.....his tone gave it away.......something wasn't quite right.
I found Steve hovering over my Muffy. He said she didn't seem right. I had fed her and gave her my daily ritual lovings before I had left for work and she seemed just fine. Fine meaning 16 years, 1 month, 3 days old, blind, deaf
but still functioning and getting around the backyard just fine (often times bumping into our house, walls and bushes).
I spent Wednesday evening by her side. I quickly noticed that she had no movement on her left side, couldn't stand and had no life in her. She must have experienced a stroke sometime between when I left her in the morning and when Steve found her at 3PM. She did pick up her head when I came home but that was it. Steve said she knew I had come home for her.
I spent the whole evening reminding her of what an awesome dog she was and how blessed I was to have had her for 16 plus years. I told her it was time to go meet up with Wicket, Misty, Mitzi and Sam. I prayed that she would go on her own or else I knew I would have to release her wings on Thursday.
I should have known....she was stubborn all 16 years of her life with me and had a mind of her own which meant she really never listened to me (but for some strange reason I loved her so much).
So, at 2:40PM on Thursday, September 17th, Muffy met up with her furry friends. She went peacefully with me by her side, stroking her head and telling her that I loved her, thanking her for all the memories and asking for her and the others to keep an eye over me and family.
I didn't sleep a wink on Thursday night........memories just kept coming to me of Muffy. I will never forget the first day we met and she peed on my foot and captured my heart from that moment on. She had 3 other brothers and sisters but she was the only one that came over to me.
I miss my Muffy so much....we may be separated by quite a few miles right now but she will never be forgotten. Thanks for all of the love and memories Muffy!

2 comments:
Oh, Pam. I know how much this little gal meant to me. The tears are rolling as I read your tribute to Muffy. She truly was a good dog who fought hard right up till the end. It's funny how much we learn from our pets. I know you will carry her with you just as she will you throughout life's little journeys. Know that I am thinking about you and praying that each day brings a little more sunlight into your life. I'd do anything to take away your pain.
I meant to say how much she meant to you, not me.
Post a Comment