For our second excursion, Pam and I chose the whale watching tour. Yes I was slightly concerned as the tour started at 1:00 pm and was 3 1/2 hours long. The last shuttle boat back to the ship was at 4:30 (gulp). My fear was greatly reduced as I saw the vast number of fellow cruise-goers including our ship's captain get onto the boat. We met a nice family from North Carolina that reminded Pam alot of her sister-in-law Lori. The boat took off and after an hour and a half of water and lobster trap buoys, we saw our first bird. After another hour on the Bar Harbor whale-less tour, the left side of the boat saw their first whale and the second and third siting of this juvenile version of it's adult parent. Finally the captain took pity on us and moved the boat so we could get some value for our ticket price. However those greedy left-siders began crowding onto our side. Rather than allow the boat to tip over the captain turned the boat to accommodate those selfish leftys! We did get a couple more looks and Pam was able to capture the tail where a professional photographer with a lens longer than the whale itself failed to accomplish. Go Pam! Standing in line to get onto the shuttle boat, a European with extremely bad English made me his chatting buddy. Pam just kept giggling most likely still remembering the spaceship.
Since dinner was about to start we hurried back to the room to change. Arriving at our dinner table we had once again failed to preclude Rick and his wife who were formally dressed due to a daily itinerary malfunction. Rick's wife (who I still don't know her name and feel it would now be rude to ask) looked at the wrong day. Our Connecticut friends were still MIA, but we learned many new things... Rick's wife works for the Dept of the Treasury, they've only been married one year and he lost a lot of money when his oldest daughter backed out of her wedding one week prior. Pam had the best meal of her cruise so far, Chicken Marsalla and warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream... I had strawberry ice cream for the second time. Go me! Off to the show to listen to Teddy, Bill and Chris (aka Voices 3 an act out of Vegas... Wow!). They were very good with great voices, but I wasn't as thrilled as Pam felt I should be. My only issue was song choice as they covered songs that were operic in nature or tunes from the 60s and 70s. As Pam went to buff up, I chose to enjoy my book.

No comments:
Post a Comment