Today was a lazy day as Pam and I watched a movie before lunch. For lunch we forewent the dining room and went to the Windjammer for ribs and ecotes, yum! I entered the table tennis tournament but unfortunately lost in the first round. Not to make excuses because honestly while we all know I'm competitive, I enjoy the playing just as much. The guy running the tournament did not know how to run these things as I was paired against a strong player. That's okay but as we started our volley to determine initial serve... After one hit serve was determined, huh? Okay fine we began playing... My opponent served illegally by palming the ball. I let it go as well as the two bad calls by the official as I felt I would still win and didn't want to make an issue. Then when I was behind 14-13 the official calls game point. Hello? When did ping-pong games only have15 points? Well I lost as my opponent palmed his serve. So I failed to bring home the gold this cruise, nor the silver nor even the bronze. Pam's wail of sadness was echoed by the non-existent dolphins that failed to appear that day.
Tonight it was all about tipping the staff and we did so willingly as we thoroughly enjoyed our waiters and housekeeping staff. This was also our last dinner with our lifelong friends from Connecticut and Georgia. We swore oaths to remain friends forever and to always keep in touch. However when we offered our contact info they mysteriously said they'd get it later... Yet as I finished my sixth strawberry ice cream (note in total, not tonight), our friends had disappeared and only my lovely wife remained. Our last show was fine and afterwards we had a chance to speak with the "Two Funny Guys", they were even funny in person. They usually play at the Venetian or Hard Rock in Vegas.

No comments:
Post a Comment