Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 6 - Tuesday - September 27, 2011

St. John and the Dragon

Today was our first Canadian port (St. John) but Pam and I delayed our departure, me so I could read and her so she could take her second meme (short nap) of the day. After lunch where we learned all about our waitress Maria Alvarado, we went down the ramp into town. At first I wasn't sure this was Canada as it lacked the constant "ayes" and "ehs" of my mother in law, but later shirts in souvenir shops confirmed our location. The city was interesting as it was built onside of a hill. We entered a shopping mall and kept going up levels only to find we were still at the ground floor without ever descending. In one shop I was able to procure a new cat shirt. This tiger was very different than my other feline shirts. It was wearing symbolic jewelry marking it very shamanic in nature. This reminded me of a cat warrior protecting the town from a dragon so I had to have it. Pam wonders why I devote line upon lines of irrelevant cat facts and then totally gloss over all the wondrous pictures of flowers she took... Um, seriously she has to ask after 20 glorious years?

After our invigorating walk in St. John, Pam needed another nap to refuel. She then entered the spaceship to get ready for dinner. We've added music every time one of us takes a shower now; "where is major Tom, the count goes on... 4, 3, 2, 1, earth below us, drifting, falling, floating weightless..." Then I start making up words. Dinner was okay, Pam wasn't that thrilled so she sent back her spicy chicken. The couple from Connecticut came back and we had nice conversation with them, Rick and Rick's wife. I've taken to bringing the iPad with me now to the show as the geriatric crowd forces us to arrive well in advance of showtime to get decent seats. We may have to camp out tomorrow. The comedian / magician was good and I won $48.50 in blackjack, not bad for 15 minutes so I'm going home a winner! I gotta pay for my soda package somehow.

No comments: