Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 8 - Thursday - September 29, 2011

Halifax I See Dead People

Pam was very excited for Halifax as she hoped to find ancient relatives. This excitement fueled her ancestors to wake her up in the middle of the night in preparation for the coming day. Finally once she became fully awake after her vision quest had been fully realized, she found herself standing in the dark, having nothing else to do she took a much needed bathroom break then went back to bed. In Halifax we spent much of our time traipsing through the St. Mary's cemetery. Two important things to note here a) there was a huge lion statue at the entrance and b) I'm not sure of the cemetery's actual name but we'll find out once we look at the picture Pam took. Nevertheless we found 8 of 9 headstones with the 'Fraser' name. On the way we saw a guy who fell into a vat of mercury and was stiff most of the time.

At dinner our Connecticut friends returned, you remember the guy who doesn't like broccoli. Rick and Rick's wife were there also (I've given up trying to figure out her name, but I do know she's been a clown, a cowgirl and a cheerleader). One confusion occurred from old anti-broccoli guy, he ordered a dessert rich in strawberries but doesn't like strawberries. He took one bite then pushed it aside because it contained strawberries, seriously?! We also received our customs declaration and final Cruise Compass and I'm fervently typing to fill out info while awaiting the show to start. The show "Two Funny Guys" was nothing less than funny. Our typical routine ensued, Pam to the gym where she worked out with the comedian from the previous night and me reading next to my tiger friend in the solarium. Our night was very shaky as wind and seas rocked the boat.

No comments: