The Whale Watcher
I was trying to sleep when once again I heard Pam's cry, however this was not one of panic but one of exaltation. It seems a pod of whales were relaxing alongside our boat. There must have been 10 - 12 different sightings. All this for free, though we lacked the informative guide we couldn't understand and wind in our face. Pam went back to sleep while I read. Upon waking Pam felt the need to take a class that she found very exciting. So much so that she took a different one, however in an effort to save expenses but still generate more revenue, the cruise line only teaches one class but they call it different names. Since this was a sea day, we had lunch in the dining room. We met a couple, let's call them Roy and Connie who enthralled us with their multi-vacations. Most people go one place or area then go home, Roy and Connie would take a cruise then drive through a few states enjoying different places then rent a house for a week or two before actually going home. Wow!
After lunch my exhausted wife took another 'meme' while I concerned myself with the plights of Walker the Druid and Bek Ohmsford (current book I'm reading). Dinner was another formal night but our Connecticut friends were absent strangely again. Most likely they simply forgot formal wear as you can ask the waiter to not include the broccoli garnishes. The food was really good tonight as I got lobster. Rick's wife was extremely talkative (I really need to find out her name, maybe our waiter knows as he knows mine). She kind of hinted as to our plans tomorrow in Halifax, but we weren't sure. Later we wondered if they were inadvertently asking us to join them. During the dancing spectacle the guy sitting next to me was coveting my iPad. When Pam went to work out I went to the cinema and watched "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. I enjoyed it and there is a twist at the end you may guess as I did, but great nonetheless. Pam is lucky to have such an intuitive husband like me. For a night cap I had a hot dog and cookie with my coke.

No comments:
Post a Comment